Spotlight Korea was created to share the stories of Koreans and Korean-Americans within the broad categories of history, culture, and art. We welcome submissions of journalistic pieces as well as relevant personal stories. Our hope is that this site becomes a hub where Korean-Americans can connect by sharing their experiences as well as a gateway for non-Koreans into a culture that can seem, paradoxically, both foreign and familiar. Join us in shining a spotlight on Korea!
- Submissions should be clearly related to aspects of Korean and/or Korean-American history, culture, and art.
- You should own the rights to all content before submitting.
- Suggested topics include historic and/or contemporary people, places, and events; rituals and ceremonies; works of art in all media; encounters with cultural differences and/or surprising similarities; cultural, economic, or artistic trends; experiences in Korean land- and cityscapes; parables and folktales; family dynamics; etc.
- Writing: please email us an excerpt no longer than 1,000 words, and make sure to include a short synopsis.
- Photography: please email us 3-5 images, approximately 400×600 pixels each, in jpeg or png formats. Include a written synopsis of the story you aim to tell.
- Video: please email us a written synopsis including video length.
Every prospective submission will be considered carefully. Those deemed appropriate for publication will receive a reply with further instructions.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email us.